Monday, September 15, 2014

Leaving on a Jet Plane





OMG – Yes, we are going to Europe, we are finally going to Europe!!

We are packing lightly but we are taking a few of our favorite people along with us and that’s why you received the email with the link to my new blog.  You can, of course, choose not to go and I will gladly remove your name from the email list and take you out of the little pocket of the suitcase.  But if you want to come along and put up with my random acts of blogness, then welcome aboard and you will continue to receive an emailed link to this blog. (If we’ve forgotten to include someone, please let us know…things are a tad hectic at the house of J’s.)

Speaking of packing lightly, I am dealing with the somber news that I will have to carry and or pull my suitcase from airport to tram to bus to trolley to train to ship and back again across many countries so I’m trying to kick the lifelong habit of overpacking.  I’m already having withdrawals as I roll up my black clothing (I hear Paris likes black) into little rolls of cotton and squeeze them into cramped corners of my new appendage.  I’m hoping for snow as I will likely be wearing 17 or 18 layers of clothing to the airport in Portland next week in an effort to bring all of my favorite things. 

Speaking of my favorite things, wow….look at that hat!  She arrived today, her name is “Millie” and she was personally designed to match my coat by a lovely Canadian woman named Anna Shoub – here is her website.  Millie has the new job of protecting the head of the Miserable Redhead and I think she will do a fine job over these next few weeks.  Watch for her in our selfies!

               http://www.hatjunkie.com/

Frantic, hectic, wild and exciting times in the J household these days as we prepare to leave our beloved animals with our beloved friends who will be living in our home while we are trekking the world.  You know I’ll keep you posted.  J

I usually end my posts with a song.  Maybe people don’t care about the songs but I do it because it amuses me and, well, it’s my blog.  But the internet is not cooperating nowadays.  It seems that I can’t add a direct link to a song anymore so this is where my college education comes in and helps me get creative.  I’ll post the words to the song and then you will have to sing along….go ahead, it’s okay….no one is listening.  It amuses me to think of you singing along.  (wink)

When I grew up and fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said

Que Sera Sera
Whatever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Sera Sera
What will be will be

 

The future is here and we will be in Europe next week!  OMG!!!                    Interesting schooling about Eiffel Tower

 

Copyright ©2012   Jeannine Cristina    All Rights Reserved

 
 

6 comments:

  1. I am delighted to be invited. I can't wait!..... Are we there yet?.... I'm hungry! Are we going to castles? I like castles. Cathedrals are good too. I'm just sayin'. Whatever you guys want is fine with me.... just so you go to some castles.... and cathedrals. Just sayin'. ... Ruins are good too. But whatever.......Castles, Cathedrals and Ruins oh my! Sorry, hope that doesn't like get struck in your brain.... the Castles, Cathedrals and Ruins oh my! thing. Sorry if it does. It's your trip, I know. ..... Just sayin' CC&ROM!....... AWTY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well welcome aboard! Yeah funny thing about that word "castle" - it actually translates as candy, clothes and coffee on the blog. I'm just sayin, ruins are ok but do they sell wine and nick nacks there? 😊

      Delete
  2. Have an amazing time! I am so excited to read the blog posts from the Js in Europe! I hear castles are beautiful this time of year ;) what an adventure! Your hat looks great Jeannine. Let my mom know ger John Deer hat is safe at my apartment if she'd like to pick it up and take it along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! Glad to know that you will be following our travels. Thanks for the compliment about my hat - it's quite soft and adorable and you are welcome to borrow it when we get back. What is this Moore obsession with castles? Still so much to learn about your family! And shhhhh...let's just let that John Deere hat sit quietly at your place while we're gone, k? Hugs!

      Delete
  3. You will be missed, but welcomed home with exuberance. Have a fantastic journey. Hat is very cool.

    ReplyDelete